Internship - Data Scientist
Equancy is a consulting firm combining expertises in strategy and data.
To support companies in their growth and innovation strategies, by exploiting new technologies, Artificial Intelligence and data in all its forms.
Equancy's consultants support the transformation of companies on a daily basis by contributing to the evolution of business models, the design of customer experiences, the optimization of operational processes, the use of data, the measurement of marketing and media performance, and the design of Big Data architectures.
Hybridization. Equancy brings together under the same roof strategists, data scientists, data engineers, digital & media analysts, delivery managers and sector experts who work in the same integrated logic.
Equancy represents :
- 90 consultants;
- 30 years of average age;
- 18 years of existence;
- 3 offices: Paris, Dubai & Mumbai;
- 3 practices: Strategy, Data Science & Technology, Marketing Performance;
- 5 sector expertise: Automotive & mobility, Retail & e-commerce, Financial services, Tourism & entertainment, Consumer goods;
- The firm's main clients include Disneyland Paris, Volkswagen, AXA, Carrefour and Sephora.
Within the Data Science division, you will participate in data science projects carried out by Equancy on behalf of its clients in a wide variety of sectors (distribution, banking & insurance, automotive, leisure, luxury, services, etc.), around marketing, risk or process automation issues.
In this context :
- You will participate in the understanding of the business need and the definition of the data science approach, supervised by a senior or expert data scientist: data to be used, necessary preparations, algorithmic and modelling approach, performance evaluation, optimisation of parameters, iterations to improve ;
- You will carry out the necessary analyses to ensure that the data available is correctly handled, check its consistency and validate its reading;
- You develop the processing in Python (essentially) to prepare the data, train and optimise the data science models (statistics, machine learning, deep learning), evaluate and validate their performance;
- If necessary, in case of high volumes, you will work in pyspark;
- You may have to develop interfaces for visualisation and interaction with the developed models (dash);
- You will participate in the industrialisation (MLOps) of the models that are put into production and interact with the data engineering team; You will work in teams that use the Agile method;
- You document your work and your analyses;
- You will participate in the drafting of reports and presentations of the work carried out to the sponsors (internal or clients).
- You are in a M1-M2 engineering school with a specialisation in data science or a master's degree in data science;
- You know Python and its data science modules (pandas, sklearn, seaborn, dash);
- You know the techniques of data preparation, feature creation;
- You are familiar with statistical algorithms, machine learning and deep learning;
- You are particularly interested in the industrialisation and scaling of data science models, beyond an experimental approach to data science;
- You are interested in cloud environments (Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, MS Azure);
- You like to work in a team;
- You are responsive, service-oriented, and have good listening skills, good interpersonal skills and good stress management skills;
- You are curious, autonomous and proactive.
- Duration of the internship: 6 months, full time (no alternation);
- Remuneration: 1000€-1300€ according to level of study + meal tickets + 50% reimbursement of transport card.
- Superb premises in the heart of Paris: Espace WeWork Jules Lefebvre, next to the Saint Lazare train station, in a historic building, with large spaces and a panoramic view of all of Paris;
- A work/life balance that respects the right to disconnect;
- A policy of teleworking two days a week;
- Environmental commitment;
- Sports activities offered by WeWork x Equancy;
- A concierge service offered by WeWork;
- Weekly afterworks (temporarily suspended due to the Covid-19 epidemic).
- If you want to join an independent firm where excellence and benevolence are our guiding principles, then write to us!
Would you like to know more about us?