Industry: Tourism & Leisure
A leading international hospitality group with one of the most visited hospitality websites in the world, with over 800,000 visitors a day, wanted to leverage its existing customer database and the interactions with its clients and prospects across channels: website, call center, hotels and CRM.
The website served as the central booking point for all the brands of the Group. Visitors could choose between up to 15 brands and more than 4,000 hotels through the booking engine.
It is also a key asset to bring distribution costs down and give value to the brand, at a time when competition in hospitality is fiercer than ever and online travel agencies are gaining market share.
The objectives of the project were twofold:
- Increase the online conversion rate using personalized targeted content and real-time offers, based on visitor behavior and previous customer history, whatever the channel, wherever in the world
- Secure visitor loyalty thanks to a unique and personalized experience
What Equancy did
We provided our client with deep insights and the right data solutions to achieve their business objectives.
Relevant aspects included:
- Development of a customer segmentation relevant to all brands, markets and regions; creation of a CRM roadmap based on this segmentation, as well as the hospitality life cycle
- Definition of business requirements for choosing a real-time recommendation engine solution and Master Data Management (MDM) solution to be deployed across all touch points
- Support during RFI & RFP phases
- Project management of recommendation engine integration
- Identification of insights provided by the AI of the engine and recommendation of changes in business rules, offer and pricing strategy
- Overall uplift of 1.5 vs. control group
- Uplift > 5 on click rate on hotel pushes and > 3 on merchant pushes within customer account
- 50 million recommendations per month