Industry: Financial services
A major global food industry player with a leading position in the snack category and products distributed in 130 countries, reaching 400 million consumers annually around the world, wanted to enter the Chinese market.
China was an almost untouched market for the group with a huge potential, however it is also a highly competitive market in the snack segment with established brands and product strategies mainly driven by high investments.
Our client approached us to understand the market dynamics and use consumer insights to meet key consumer needs with the most relevant product propositions. The challenge was also to establish its brands with innovative and cost-effective approaches combining digital and business intelligence.
The objectives of the project were:
- Transform China into the 2nd driver of growth at the group level
- Define the group ambition for the Chinese market
- Confirm the brand portfolio and marketing mix with solid consumer insights and market intelligence
- Define the marketing strategy and roll out communication campaigns to establish the brand among its core consumer target
What Equancy did
At group level
- Researched to deeply understand market dynamics
- Market sizing, locations, growth, segments
- Competitors’ marketing strategies and communication tactics
- Consumer insights and new trends
- Ran marketing workshops to challenge, optimize and finalize marketing mix and marketing strategies
- Assisted with the business plan development for China to formalize the group vision, mission and ambition for the Chinese market
At brand level
- Strategized marketing plan around digital
- Detailed main concept for key activations
- Carried out visual identity development and package design for the China market
- Group validation of the 5-year business plan
- Equancy appointed strategic partner for Chinese launch project